The mission of the Human Resources Division is to provide quality human resources services with integrity, responsiveness and sensitivity to the needs of employees, management and citizens of the Village of Northbrook. This mission is achieved through partnering with Village management, departments, labor organizations and employees to provide services that promote a work environment characterized by fair treatment, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect.
The Village of Northbrook values its staff and believes in:
- Respecting our work force and embracing diversity and individual differences;
- Developing our employees to their highest level of competency;
- Utilizing the individual skills, abilities and gifts of our employees beyond the confines of the individual job description;
- Providing a safe, healthy and secure work environment;
- Establishing policies and procedures that provide boundaries but that do not unreasonably restrict personal freedom or creativity;
- Compensating and rewarding our employees with competitive pay and benefit programs;
- Employees as extended family, recognizing that families sometimes have difficulties that require special support, and providing support through Village resources and external resources.