Sanitary Sewer Lining - 2021
|Completion Date||Phase I: April 30, 2021 (tentative)
Phase II: October 31, 2021 (tentative)
|Project Manager||Erik Jensen, Assistant to the Public Works Director, 847-664-4129|
|Awarded Contract Amount||$220,000 (Phase I)
$225,000 (Phase II)
|Funding Sources||Bond Proceeds|
As part of its on-going responsibilities, the Public Works Department maintains 134 miles of sanitary sewer main. In order to ensure that the Village's sanitary sewers function as designed, crews periodically clean, televise and assess the condition of each individual sewer segment and schedule any repairs as necessary.
The primary means of repair for sewer mains is sewer lining. This process involves installing a thin polyester liner into an individual segment of main and allowing it to cure in place. After curing, the liner reinforces the structural integrity of the main, seals it from groundwater infiltration and repairs any holes or cracks in the pipe. Unlike sewer main replacement work, this work does not require excavation and only causes a minimal amount of interruption to service.
In 2021, the Village will complete sanitary sewer lining in two phases. The first phase (February-March 2021) will occur primarily in and around the area bounded by Shermer Road to the west, Waukegan Road to the east and Illinois Road to the south. The second phase (summer-fall 2021) will be primarily in the Northbrook East subdivision.
Enabling ResolutionOn Tuesday, January 26, 2021, the Village Board approved Resolution 2021-12, which awarded the contract for Phase I and Phase II work to Hoerr Construction of Goodfield, Illinois.
Phase I Project Locations:
- The Citadel Condominiums
- Elm Avenue (Anets to Spruce)
- Walters Avenue (East Metra Parking Lot to Spruce)
- Chapel Court (Marcee to Church)
- Church Street (Chapel to Walters)
- Shagbark Court
- Cherry Lane (Briarwood to Greenbriar)
- Cherry Lane (Greenbriar to Cedar (including a small portion of Cedar)
- Midway Road (between Whitfield and Marshall)
- Whitfield Road (Dalton to Marshall)
- Marshall Road (western portion)
Phase I Project Notifications
- Televising and Preparatory Work: The contractor will be placing these door tags on doors prior to beginning preparatory work.
- Prior to lining work beginning, all impacted residents will receive notice at least one week in advance of lining work and a notice from the contractor 24 hours prior to work beginning. Both of these notices will also be posted here.