Citizen Reporting


Many non-emergency requests for police service do not require the physical presence of an officer at the time of the incident. However, citizens may still require that a Police Field Report documenting the incident be completed. The following incidents can be reported at the Police Department: lost property or crash reports with no injury and damage under $500.

Citizens, by their own hand, are allowed to complete and submit official police reports documenting specific incidents.

Filing Reports

Citizens filing these reports should do so in person at the Northbrook Police Department, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.