- Village Government
- Village Clerk's Office
Village Clerk's Office
The Office of the Village Clerk is located within the Village Manager's Office. The Village Clerk is elected to a four year term.
The Village Clerk handles the following responsibilities for the Village:
- Supervises the record keeping and maintenance of minutes of the Board of Trustees and the various advisory Boards and Commissions.
- Acts as secretary for the Village President and Board of Trustees.
- Maintains the official records of actions of the Board of Trustees.
- Supervises the record keeping of documents and actions of the Board of Trustees.
- Administers the oath of office to sworn officers of the Village including Firemen, Police Officers and the Village President and Board of Trustees.
- Handles Freedom of Information Requests.
- Supervises the registration of voters and serves as the local election official under the Cook County Clerk's office.
- Assists Cook County to provide Early Voting at the Village Hall.
- Administers the business license for businesses located in the Village, liquor license new application, liquor license renewal and temporary liquor licenses.
- Ensures Village compliance with various state and federal regulations, including the Open Meeting Act, and Freedom of Information Act. Processes requests for documents per state FOIA regulations and local SOP. Serves as a Village liaison to Village Attorneys and processes and records Village documents with the Cook County Recorder's Office.