Zoning & Planning Information
COVID-19 OPERATIONS UPDATE
From March 18 until further notice, Northbrook’s Village Hall and Public Works Center will be closed to the public. Development & Planning Services will continue providing services, many of which can be conducted online, by phone, or with slight adjustment.
Find information about your property using our Online Community Portal.
General Zoning Regulations & Information
- Allowed Business Uses by Zoning District (PDF)
- Building Permits for New Construction, Additions and Exterior Alterations
- Village Zoning Code (See also, Village Codes and Regulations)
- Zoning Related to Business Licenses (PDF)
Requesting Relief from Standard Zoning Code Requirements
- Design Review of Exterior Changes to Downtown Buildings and Sites (Architectural Control Commission)
- Variations for Parking Reductions, Building and Yard Setbacks, Fence Height Increases, Detached Accessory Structure Height Increases (Zoning Board of Appeals)
- Zoning Code Text Amendments, Rezonings, Special Use Permits, and Subdivisions (Plan Commission)