Zoning & Planning Information
COVID-19 OPERATIONS UPDATE
We are sorry, but due to the recent upsurge in COVID-19 infections, we can no longer have in-person meetings. While the Village Hall has reopened, it is still possible to do the majority of your business with us remotely. The Development & Planning Services Department continues to provide all our services online and by phone. Please feel free to contact us to arrange a video discussion as well if you prefer. Thank you for your patience in this difficult time.
Find information about your property using our Online Community Portal.
General Zoning Regulations & Information
- Allowed Business Uses by Zoning District (PDF)
- Building Permits for New Construction, Additions and Exterior Alterations
- Village Zoning Code (See also, Village Codes and Regulations)
- Zoning Related to Business Licenses (PDF)
Requesting Relief from Standard Zoning Code Requirements
- Design Review of Exterior Changes to Downtown Buildings and Sites (Architectural Control Commission)
- Variations for Parking Reductions, Building and Yard Setbacks, Fence Height Increases, Detached Accessory Structure Height Increases (Zoning Board of Appeals)
- Zoning Code Text Amendments, Rezonings, Special Use Permits, and Subdivisions (Plan Commission)