- Planning & Zoning
- Sign Regulations
A permit is required for the installation and display of signs in commercial, industrial, and office zoning districts. Varations from sign installation and location standards are unvailable; however, special permits may be applied for in the C-4, C-5, O-1, O-3, O-4, I-1, I-2, OS, and IB Zoning Districts to allow signs to exceed 20 feet in height.
Application Steps & Requirements
- Review the Zoning Code Sign Regulations (PDF) to ensure that the proposed sign is allowed in the zoning district for your property. Please view the General Sign Regulation Summary (PDF).
- If proposing a sign in the downtown, please review the Design Review for Signage on Downtown Properties.
- If the proposed sign is allowed, a Sign Application (PDF) must be completed and submitted.
Application Fees & DepositsPlease view the Village's Sign Permit Fees (PDF) for a complete breakdown of fees based on the type of sign that is being installed.
- Two (2) drawings must be submitted for each sign that is proposed
- Two (2) copies of the elevation drawn to scale (including height and frontage dimensions) must be submitted for each wall, awning, canopy, and marquee sign proposed
- Two (2) copies of the plat of survey indicating the location and setbacks of the sign must be submitted for each ground or pylon sign proposed