Other government services
In addition to Village services, the agencies listed below offer services to Northbrook residents. Refer to individual websites for the latest information.
Cook County provides the following services to Northbrook residents:
- Handles voter registration and election oversight for all elections within Cook County.
- Manages the local Circuit Court and associated legal services.
- Maintains the Cook County Forest Preserves including Brookfield Zoo and Chicago Botanic Gardens.
- Oversees property value assessments and property tax calculations and collections.
- Services some streets and highways located within the Village including Sanders Road and portions of Walters Avenue, Techny Road, Landwehr Road and Sunset Ridge Road.
Detailed information is available on Cook County's website.
Northbrook Park District
The Northbrook Park District enhances the community by providing outstanding services, parks, and facilities through environmental, social, and financial stewardship. For information on programs, individual parks and other items, visit the Park District’s website.
Northbrook Public Library
The Northbrook Public Library strives to provide an accommodating environment for the dissemination, exchange, and evaluation of ideas and information. The Library offers a wide variety of materials, resources, services, and facilities. For more information, visit the Library’s website.
Northfield Township provides services to incorporated and unincorporated Northbrook properties. These services include the administration of emergency and general assistance, tax assessment counsel and services, maintenance of a roadway district in unincorporated areas, and additional recycling opportunities. Program details are on the Township’s website.