Happy Earth Day! The Village of Northbrook thanks its residents for participating in sustainability efforts to make every day Earth Day: from volunteering, diverting landfill waste, planting trees and native wildflowers, taking active modes of transportation, and more!
With the Climate Action Plan underway, the Village values the sustained support from our community as we make strides towards an ambitious goal of carbon emissions reduction. Let’s keep up the great work and progress. The earth thanks you, and we do too!
Ten Deeds to Green Your Day on Earth Day:
- Complete the Earth Month Scavenger Hunt.
- Plant seeds or repot a houseplant that could use some more space to grow.
- RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer at a restoration work day at Somme Woods, 9am-noon, this Saturday or Sunday.
- Get involved with a citizen science project like Project Squirrel, Litterati, or Zooniverse.
- Donate your gently used shoes easily with Soles4Souls.
- Pick up free mulch from Public Works (655 Huehl Road) and replenish the ground for your tree’s roots.
- Get rid of paper waste from junk mail by calling the senders and request removal from their mailing list.
- Sign up for Community Solar.
- Get started on a summer compost bucket.
- Download the iNaturalist app and start familiarizing yourself with the plants observed in your neighborhood.