Mosquito season is here. To help limit mosquito and West Nile virus concerns in our area, consider taking the following measures to minimize mosquito bites and breeding:
- Use EPA recommended mosquito repellents with ingredients like DEET.
- Wear loose fitting clothing, long-sleeved shirts, and long pants when mosquitoes are active.
- Avoid peak mosquito feeding times around dawn and dusk.
- Examine your property and eliminate standing water from buckets, gutters, rain barrels, areas with poor drainage, and any other items that can hold water. Thoroughly inspect your property for items that may contain stagnant water. If it can hold water, it can breed mosquitoes!
- Make sure door and window screens fit tightly, and repair any holes.
For information about mosquito spraying or to report dead birds, contact the following: