Welcome to your new home!
If you're new to Northbrook, you may find the checklist below helpful during your transition into the neighborhood.
- Set-Up Water Service. Call 847-664-4171 to setup or change your water billing account.
- Apply for a vehicle and/or animal license. Motor vehicles owned by a Northbrook resident must be licensed on or before June 30 of each calendar year. Cats and dogs over six months old require an annual animal license.
- Sign-Up for Refuse, Recycling, Landscape Waste, and Compost Pick-Up. Advanced Disposal services most Northbrook residents; some apartments or condominiums may have other collection agreements - check with your HOA or property manager for details.
- Set-Up Utility Accounts. Learn about the utilities serving the Northbrook area and set-up any necessary accounts here.
- Know Your Neighborhood. Use the Know Your Neighborhood tool to learn about your property and get answers to common questions such as when is garbage collection and who are the elected representatives.
Did you know?
- The Village does not levy a real estate transfer tax or issue transfer stamps.
- It is unlawful for any person to park any "business vehicle" or "trailer" on a public street within the Village between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.